Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes Recipe
This dessert packs all of the power of green matcha tea while combining two yummy treats wrapped up in one... cupcakes AND donuts! Each matcha green tea cupcake is topped with a layer of frosting, a mini vegan donut, and delicious matcha icing! It's the perfect green treat for St. Patrick's day or at any time of the year!
- Yields: 1 dozen
- Level: Difficult
Mini Baked Vegan DonutsMakes about 16 mini donuts
Mini Baked Vegan Donuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a donut pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Transfer mix to a Ziploc bag and cut a tip off one of the corners and pipe into the donut pan. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until they are firm and spring back when you touch them. Pop them out of the donut pan and onto a cooling rack to cool until warm to the touch.
- Combine the icing ingredients in a bowl and mix until creamy. Dip each mini donut into icing and place on cooling rack to allow icing to set in.
Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes, Frosting, Fillings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- Combine dry ingredients (except sugar) in a medium sized mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine sugar, oil and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in two separate batches and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Finally, add the ACV and mix until just combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Once cooled, remove a piece of the center of each cupcake using an apple corer or a cupcake corer. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer beat butter and shortening on high for 1 minute or until fluffy. Next, add powdered sugar and beat for a minute or until crumbly. Then, add non-dairy milk and vanilla and beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Add 1-2 teaspoons of matcha powder so that you get a light green frosting. Add frosting to a Ziplock or piping bag with tip or you can use a butter knife to frost the cupcakes.
- Using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and matcha powder until creamy. Transfer mix to a Ziploc bag and cut a tip off one of the corners and pipe into the center of the cupcake. Top with matcha frosting and a mini vegan donut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and get 10% off your first purchase