I’m doing everything to get summer ready. One way it to brighten, cleanse and tone your face for a young and fresh glow (esp for those of us that aren’t getting any younger…)
I’ve been doing these from home, for years. My friends always ask “how does your skin always look so good?”
Well, even though that may not ALWAYS be the case, I can say that using a few tricks here and there helps!
1.) TONE AND BRIGHTEN!
This face scrub is perfect for those with acne prone skin. It naturally kills bacteria and brightens skin tone! Plus it rarely requires purchase of items outside of your own home!
- Whole lemons
- Honey (raw is best)
- Course salt (for exfoliation purposes)
- Mix two teaspoons of course salt with one large tablespoon of honey
- Cut the lemon in half
- Cover the open lemon surface with your honey and salt mixture
- Apply to the face in a circular motion, exfoliating gently as you go
Lemon kills bacteria, while salt shrinks pores and lastly, honey leaves your skin moisturized and soft.
Rinse off after your whole face has been exfoliated!
Best results are seen after two to three scrubs.
2.) REDUCE SWELLING AND REDNESS
Here is a good recipe in order to reduce redness and puffiness! This one is a facial spray that I highly recommend and is super easy to make! All you need is:
- A small to medium spray bottle
- Vitamin E tablets
- Fill your spray bottle halfway with water
- Slice cucumber and place 5 slices in your spray bottle
- Break vitamin e capsules
- Shake to ensure mixed
Spray lightly all over to soothe irritated skin. Keep in the fridge and use throughout the day.
2.) REDUCE CELLULITE!
This is one of my favorite recipes and came from a dear friend of mine! Not only that, I saw results after daily use for one week!
You’ll need :
- Coffee grounds
- Coconut oil
- Peppermint oil
- Pour one cup of coffee grounds into a medium bowl
- Evenly mix spoonfuls of oil until it becomes a thick paste
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add in four drops of peppermint oil
Cinnamon, coffee grounds and peppermint all stimulate the skin and surface area which allows for circulation to occur. This then helps break down the fat that has accumulated in various clumps and spread more evenly to get rid of the puckering in the skin.
I recommend using this in the shower, as a scrub. Leave one for 5-10 minutes at a time. Use once a day for a week to see the best results!
I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK! SEND US A SNAP AT:
TEAMIBLENDS TO KEEP ME UPDATED ON YOUR RESULTS!